Sunday, June 26, 2011

CY-tings: Mexico City

Accidental participant in the rainbow parade this afternoon ending at the Zocalo.

This shows I am a man of action. Yerevan Day parade. The signing of an agreement on opening the borders between Turkey and Armenia the day I went to Armenia. Facing off the anti-Zionist parade in Turkey. Attending the nadam outside Ulan Batar or Kharkhorin where I was told on-stage was the Mongolian prime minister. Walking 60 blocks up Manhattan in the great blackout of 2003.

Maybe not the last one.

I assume the parade in Mexico City today had something to do with New York legalizing gay marriage. I have nothing against the idea but frankly, I'd give my time, energy and money to the bottom of the Maslowian pyramid. There are hundreds of millions living in poverty, begging, being trafficked - somehow I think that is a tad more basic a fight - and more important.

No comments: