Sunday, June 26, 2011

Smog city, snog city

My sinuses haven't hurt this bad in a while. That's what Ciudad Mexico does to you. It is not very obvious - the view from my room this morning was sunny and bright with good visibility - but I have highly developed olefactory apparatus. And they hurt.

But on to more interesting topics. There is a lot of snogging in this city. I once read a comment somewhere that Mexico's national pasttime is cheating. I don't know about that, but on the sidewalk, waiting at the metro stations, in the metro, in restaurants, couples were at it. Gays and lesbians too, in the zocalo, where they were milling about after their parade, dancing to techno.

What was most interesting is that most of the action was by couples in their 40s or 50s, not the horny teenagers you expect.

I'm retiring in Mexico. I hope the smog's cleared by then.

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless.

No comments: