Saturday, February 18, 2012

VD, anyone?

I got a "Happy Valentine's Day" message and was quite truly stumped. Who is this fucking Valentine and why is he the patron saint of smarmy retailing?

Not wanting to handle these tough questions, I flipped one of the three entertainment channel options in my hotel in Beijing (Option 1: HBO - 24 hours of crap. Option 2: Star Movies - Crappier than HBO. Option 3: AXN - Singing and dancing is now called action.)

Anyway I randomly flipped and came across a start-studded movie with Anne Hathaway, Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, that creepy doctor called "Mr Dream" or something from the crappy Grey's Anatomy (Motto: torture your boyfriend, Vision: many a divorce), Ashton Kutcher the man who is not too young for any woman, and that rather intelligent young man from the Hangover movies.

Anyway, I knew I would be diabetic by the time it ended, but the minute I saw Julia's pearlies I was compelled to watch it. Much predictable "romantic" action ensued and in the final scene, even the flinty me almost shed a tear when Julia Roberts gets home and surprises her Valentine with a teary hug.

That little runt, the kid who was acting as her son, I cried to myself. Why couldn't that be me?

Another timely update from the City of Premature Emphysema.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's called McDreamy - Mr Dream sounds even lamer. The (closet) gay guy in the movie - was called McSteamy!..... yes uilty of having paid full ticket price to watch this toxic fare... easy on the eyes though.